Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Genki Sudo


This man, Genki Sudo (須藤 元気), is amazing.  A retired Japanese mixed martial artist and kickboxer, he is now an entertainer, as well as being an essayist, musician, actor, dancer, and devoted Buddhist (source).  I'm not too keen on his fighting days, but rather, his skill as an entertainer.  Look at these videos he directed and stars in with his troupe, "WORLD ORDER".


They did the above routine in New York City too!



This one contains my favorite choreography.  THOSE ARMS AND HANDS AT THE END.

They even put a video together soon after the Sendai tsunami and earthquake in March 2011 to give hope to those who lost so much.


Glad to see he's staying productive after retiring!  I hope to see more of his works.  And I really hope he performs (or films!) in America again!


1 comment:

  1. I really liked these- so cool. I love movement. I love the way he moves his body and I love his face- total control beauty and grace- exquisite!! Thanks Kevin. My yogis will love this.

    ReplyDelete